Wednesday, January 18, 2012

How to remove the “dispute” status on the credit report


I get asked by many loan officers on how to remove the “dispute” status listed on the credit report.  There are two options.


1 ) The client can call the creditors and ask them to provide them with a letter stating that they are no longer disputing this account and need the dispute status removed.

This is what needs to be said:

I am in the process of getting a home loan and am being turned down due to the fact that the account shows disputed.

I no longer want to dispute this account and would like a letter faxed to me so I may give it to my lender.

2) At Score Well Credit..  we can contact the credit bureaus directly to get the verbiage removed ( approximate time is 45 days to get the verbiage taken off )

By the way…..  do you know of anyone who would benefit from a credit consultation ?

No comments:

Post a Comment